Opnet Examples on Communication Network:
Quick intro to Communication network:
- Communication may be defined as the process of successfully transferring information between two or more parties.
- Communication is usually based on the propagation of electromagnetic waves.
Advantages of wireless communication network projects:
- WLAN network topologies can easily be configured to meet specific applications and installation need and to scale from small p2p network to very large enterprise network
- User can access files, network resources and the internet without having to physically connect to the network with wires
- Enterprises can also enjoy the flexibility of installing and taking down WLANs in location as necessary Rapid installation.
Opnet Examples on Wireless Communication using IDS system:
IDS in wireless communication:
- An intrusion detection system (IDS) is an effective tool for determining whether unauthorized users are attempting to access, have already accessed, or have compromised the network.
- IDS for WLANs can be host-based, network-based, or hybrid, the hybrid combining features of host- and network-based IDS.
Capabilities offered by wireless IDS in communication projects:
- Detection of flooding and disassociation attempts before they successfully compromise the wireless network
- Identification of the physical location of wireless devices with in the building and surrounding grounds
- Provision of centralized monitoring and management features with potential for integration into existing IDS monitoring
- Detection of unauthorized peer-to-peer communications within the wireless network that are not visible to the wired network
- Detection of and alarming for when a rogue AP goes live within the agency’s security perimeter