OPNET Network Simulator
OPNET Network simulator is a tool to simulate the behavior and performance of any type of network. The main difference Opnet Network Simulator comparing to other simulators lies in its power and versatility. IT Guru provides pre-built models of protocols and devices. It allows you to create and simulation different network topologies. The set of protocols/devices is fixed – you cannot create new protocols nor modify the behavior of existing ones.
Advantages of Opnet Network Simulator:
- Opnet Network Simulator is a open free software
- Large number of project scenarios that are offered information on Opnet Network Simulator
- Can be overlooked using Opnet Network Simulator.
Uses of opnet simulator:
- Operational validation.
- Application troubleshooting.
- Network planning and design.
- Validating hardware architecture.
- Protocol modeling.
- Traffic modeling of telecommunication networks.
- Evaluating performance aspects of complex software systems.
Discrete event simulation workflow:
- Create/import topology/configuration.
- Create traffic.
- Choose statistics
- Run simulation.
- View results.
- Duplicate or create new scenario.
- Publish results.