Opnet Simulation Projects
Opnet simulation projects enhance the cell capacity and coverage, while, at the same time, alleviating the dead spot and hot spot problems, increasing the utilization of radio resource, and reducing the power consumption of mobile terminals.
Challenges on Opnet Simulation Projects:
- Load balancing.
- Channel assignment.
- Capacity enhancement.
- Energy consumption.
Opnet Simulation projects on Terrestrial network:
- Terrestrial is usually driven by its intrinsic capabilities, for instance very large coverage areas, speed of implementation and inherent multicasting and broadcasting capabilities
Research carried on Opnet simulation projects:
- Increased service availability and/or resilience
- Service coverage extension
- Optimization of the operational/overall investment cost
- Increased in the QoS delivered to the operators
- Rapid and/or infrastructure independent service deployment.
- Hybrid wireless networks are networks in which any mobile node in a wireless network may have connectivity, either directly or via a gateway node, to an infrastructure network.
- hybrid wireless networks may integrate both Intra and Inter technology cases and the mobile node itself may support heterogeneous technologies switching between them in an on-demand fashion
Characteristics of hybrid network:
- Easy expandability
- Low cost implementation
- Extended network lifetime
- Easy to setup by user
- Easy implementation of redundant routines etc
Advantages of hybrid network:
- Energy cost savings.
- Increased system reliability.
- Better equipment utilization.
- Providing High degree of security.
- Effective economic and maintenance.